In the framework of the project “Financial autonomy and accountability” the third internal workshop “FUNDRAISING” was held in the University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti”, on April 19, 2016.
The participants were welcomed by Prof. r. Sadik Idrizi, Vice – Rector for International Relations. In the first part of the workshop, the following presentations were delivered:
- International projects at the University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti” perspectives and challenges, by Prof. Dr. Sadik Idrizi, University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti”
- Presentation of the results of previous TEMPUS implemented project: “Strategic Support for the Development of Sustainable QA Structures at the Newly Public Founded University in Kosova, University of Prizren” no. 517482, by Prof. Dr. Gani Gjini, Project Coordinator, UPz
- Presentation of the results of previous TEMPUS implemented project: “Network for Post Graduate Masters in Cultural Heritage and Tourism Management in Balkan Countries” no 517471, by Prof. Dr. Behxhet Brajshori, UPz
Then a discussion of the presentations of the EU project partners on “FUNDRAISING” took place where the participants shared their thoughts on this workshop (from the Guide on Financial Management). There were 2 more presentations delivered by representatives of WUS Kosova:
- “The challenges of implementing international projects in the context of Kosova Higher Education System”, Mjellma Carabregu, WUS Kosova
- “Development of a Logical framework (based on the LFM template of the ERASMUS+)”, Luljeta Aliu, WUS Kosova
At the end two workshop sessions were held :
One moderated by WUS KS
- From project idea to project proposal (selecting a project idea)
- Development of a Logical Framework
The other moderated by UPz
- Analysis of internal capacities for project development & implementation (SWOT analysis)
- Identification of the funding opportunities at the University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti”
The main objective of the training workshop is become less dependent on restricted state /university fund, and become financially sustainable and be more efficient when drafting and managing a project budget. Materials from the Guide on Financial Management will be used as a basis for organization of the workshop. Further to this, a special attention has been paid to highlight the international funding calls where Kosova is eligible to participate; challenges to implement international projects in the context of Kosova’s dynamic higher education system, by putting an emphasis in the sustainability of the projects.
Therefore available and relevant EU/International (research) funding programmes, where Kosova is eligible to participate by putting an emphasis in the ERASMUS+ Program, were presented. In addition to the materials from Guide on FM, the focus will also put to increase the capacities on developing a project idea and developing a Logical Framework. In this regard effective successful proposal writing and how to effectively design a project budget presented.
The concept of the internal workshop had a very practical approach so that participants could gain the maximum out of workshop. The inputs from the workshop served to further update the UPz Action Plan.
Participants of the workshop were: Management of UPz; deans and vice-deans; teaching and administrative staff.