In the framework of the project “Financial autonomy and accountability” the second internal workshop “Resource allocation, internal governance and budgeting processes” was held in the University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti”, on April 5, 2016. The management of UPz, who welcomed the participant spoke about the importance of this project for the university’s financial autonomy and accountability.
Halim Haziraj, Budget and Finance Officer at University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti” delivered the first presentation. A presentation about“Budgeting process and internal procedures related to budgeting”, where he explained about the way the budgeting process at UPz. Then there 2 more presentations delivered:
- “Procedures on payroll processing at the University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti””, by Tauland Thaqi, Officer for Expenses and Salaries, University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti”.
- “Perspective of White Paper on Resource allocation, internal governance and budgeting processes”, by Mjellma Carabregu, Director, WUS Kosova.
The objective of this activity was learning about internal processes as well as the allocation of resources within the university according to the current internal regulations, as well as new changes in the financial management of the University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti”, introduced by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and the Ministry of Finance through the new access granted in the FreeBalance System since 01.01.2016
Further, to this a focus was given to the introduction of good practices from the EU project partners and White Paper on internal allocation of money according with the strategic plan and mission.
Target group: Management; Deans; Vice – Deans; Secretaries at the University and Faculty levels; Finance Office; Procurement Office.
Learning outcomes of the workshop:
- Increased knowledge about the preparation of the budget at the University level (bottom – up approach;)
- Increased knowledge about the internal procedures on payroll preparation;
- Increased knowledge about the internal procedures on payroll preparation for the engaged staff;
At the end of this workshop there were some discussion and conclusions drawn related to the profile of discussion, which are in more details presented in the Minutes of the Meeting. Further to this the workshop has contributed to update the UHZ Action Plan to version 4.