For the third time, universities, public authorities and partners come together to take stock of and discuss the latest funding trends, opportunities and challenges of the sector.
This year’s Forum will focus on the crucial issues of delivering value to society and efficient university management. At a time when public finances are under increased pressure, funding models for universities are being revised with the perspective of rationalising expenditure and generating greater added value and increase the efficiency of the sector. In many European countries, it is becoming highly relevant for the university sector to show and quantify its contribution to society, in social but also economic terms.
Some of the questions that will keep participants busy:
- How can efficiency strategies reinforce the university’s capacity to deliver on its core missions?
- How can the contribution of universities to society be assessed, let alone measured?
- Should universities communicate on their economic added value? And if so, how?
- What are the expectations of funders and policy makers? What are successful policies to increase efficiency?
- How to develop a productive dialogue at system level?
- What is the future of European funding?
- How can universities explore new partnerships and diversify their funding streams?
The Funding Forum is a unique, inclusive platform open to all higher education funding stakeholders – university leaders and managers, researchers, students, public authorities, public and private funders & partners.
Registration - http://eua.be/activities-services/events/event/2016/10/06/default-calendar/3rd-funding-forum
Find out more about EUA’s Funding Forum and its previous editions here: http://www.eua.be/policy-representation/governance-funding-and-public-policy/Funding-Forum.aspx