Within the framework of Tempus Project “Increasing the Financial Autonomy and AccountabIlity at Public Higher Education Institutions in Kosova”, the second and final conference was held on 09-10 November, 2016 at the University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina.” The conference was moderated by prof. But Dedaj. Opening speeches were given by the Minister of Education Science and Technology, prof. Arsim Bajrami, Rector of University of Prishtina, prof. Marjan Dema, Mr. Luigi Brusa from European Union Office in Kosovo and by the project coordinator Mr. Thorsten Eder. Moreover, the White paper was handed over to the Minister and further disseminated to the participants.
One the first day, five presentations were delivered and a panel discussion was held. The presentations held were on the following topics:
· “Reforms in the tertiary sector and improvements in the last years” delivered by Ms.Drita Kadriu, the director for Higher Education in the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of Kosovo;
· “Milestones, Achievements and Results” by Mr. Thorsten Eder, and Mr. But Dedaj, and the White Paper was presented and handed over to Minister Bajrami;
· “Financing and Quality Assurance and Enhancement of the Higher Education Institutions” delivered by Mr. Blerim Rexha, the President of the State Council of Quality at the Accreditation Agency of Kosovo;
· “The Way towards Financial Independence” delivered by Ms. Mevlide Shamolli, a representative from the Ministry of Finance of Kosova;
· “The Bulgarian University ranking system” delivered by Mrs. Yana Yotova, and Mrs. Elena Atanasova, experts at the Higher Education Directorate at the Ministry of Education and Science of Bulgaria;
The panel discussion was on the topic “Financial Management and Autonomy: Current Challenges of the Public Higher Education Institutions in Kosovo”. Parts of the panel discussion were:
1. Prof. Marjan Dema, the Rector of the University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina”;
2. Prof. Ramë Vataj, the Rector of the University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti”;
3. Prof. Fadil Millaku, the Rector of the University “Haxhi Zeka” in Peja;
4. Ms. Denize Galvin, representative from the University of Alicante;
5. Mr. Jörg Hormann, representative from the Saarland University;
On the second day, three presentations on the topic “Challenges of Public Higher Education Institutions, not Involved in the Project on Implementing the White Paper” were given by:
· Prof. Agron Bajraktari, the Rector of the University of Applied Sciences in Ferizaj;
· Prof. Naim Mustafa, Vice Rector for Budget and Fiance of the University of Gjilan “Kadri Zeka”;
· Dr. Rifat Morina, Vice Rector for International Cooperation and Quality Assurance of the University of Mitrovica “Isa Boletini”;
Furthermore, presentations of the current version of the Action Plan were delivered by:
· Prof. Myrvete Badivuku from the University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina”;
· Prof. Gani Gjini from the University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti”;
· Prof. Fadil Millaku from the University “Haxhi Zeka” in Peja;
An expert review session was held about the Action Plan with the representatives of the University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina,” representatives of the University of Prizren “Ukshin Hoti,” and representatives of the University “Haxhi Zeka.”
In the end of the second day, a presentation and summarization of the concrete activities for the next 2-3 years was held.
There were around 100 participants attending the event representing public universities in Kosova, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of Kosova, Ministry of Education and Sport of Albania, Ministry of Education and Science of Macedonia, Ministry of Education and Science of Bulgaria, nongovernmental organizations, and other relevant international and national stakeholders.